Wednesday, March 21, 2012

I Need Some Kind Of Formulaic Title For These. Hmm.

Recorded ADR for Steven. Ate a Famous Star burger. Had sex.

What I'm Reading: The Gods of Mars by Edgar Rice Burroughs. After completing Princess, enjoying it, viewing John Carter, and being curious about the plot's accuracy as regards the Holy Therns, the missus and I decided to begin plowing our way through Gods, the erstwhile sequel. Call my tastes simple, but I really vastly prefer the hack-and-slash, pseudo-political maneuverings of the original. All this afterlife, expository stuff is beginning to bore me. I can guarantee there's no scene in Gods where Carter takes on an entire army by hisself.

What I'm Listening To: Zelda Step by Ephixia. I ain't that much into that step-dubbery them kids is listenin' to, and I've been made to understand that this particular sample is an awfully solid selection, but shit this shit is hot. Combining already-midi riffs off that ol' titan the 64 with crazy batshit breakbeats creates a strangely soothing spectacle. If you're a fan of Zelda or dubstep, check this shit out.

What I'm Reading (PART DEUX!): The Somnambulist by Jonathan Barnes. Ostensibly straight up my alley (a Victorian tale about a magician/consulting detective and his enormous, albino, hairless, mute bodyguard/confidante who doesn't bleed with the eponymously badass handle The Somnambulist) the book continues to get fucking weirder and weirder. Deformed prostitutes, human flies, weird temporal displacement, nonsensical fucking sections about some weird-ass old man evidently asleep under London and having some equally nonsensical fucking dreams - this book unnecessarily has it all. I'm finishing the fucker (because WHAT THE FUCK), but the book started out so promising.

I'm making a concerted effort to read more. It's a little inexcusable how little I actually do read, considering my profession.

No comments:

Post a Comment