Monday, March 26, 2012

In Summary

Promotion, my devoted masses, is quite literally the worst.

Call me modest, but I have a surprisingly difficult time pimping my own work. I feel as though I accurately understand it's value – it's not for lack of faith in the material – I just simply have a difficult time prioritizing a summary or sample into something an average reader would be feasibly digest.

Working on the IndieGoGo campaign (launching April 2nd, in case you hadn't seen this) has really brought this problem to a head. As far as I understand it, it's simply a matter of practice – the more you plug away, the more shameless you become.

It's an idealized notion I suppose, but there's something romantic to me about just producing quality work for a small circle of fans and letting them pass the content on to whomever they choose at their discretion. It's certainly no way to build a fanbase or make money, that I understand. It's just, I don't know, somehow more appealing to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment