Monday, September 26, 2011

Out of the Woods

Chapter: 25
Page Count: 300
Word Count: 162,000
Nemo's Bounty: 998,000 Commercial

"Yet for all the ferocity of wind and snow, what Moira simply couldn't have adequately prepared for, had she tried her absolute hardest, was the cold. It's a unique brand of cold, entirely foreign to Moira who'd over the years, grown accustomed, if not necessarily comfortable, to the unfeeling chill of dead space. This terrestrial cold is malignant, resentful and harrows something deep in Moira's psyche as she continues to slog to forward; the pervasive notion that, no matter her equipment or trappings, humanoids were never meant to dwell in this place. Fifteen minutes into the blizzard, her bones ache where they suddenly didn't before, the kerchief across her face annealed hard as stone from frozen moisture escaping her mouth and she's laughably past the point of shivering. The wound on her neck flares in memory of another such hopeless march through this planet's wilderness barely a month previously when she hears something."


No time to blog. Too busy writing.

Okay, fine. If you insist. In brief, though.

The past few weeks have been unreasonably, unfairly busy. To make a long story short, I'm finally, finally, FINALLY moving to Los Angeles. A little sooner than I would have liked, but the film I'm in, Pinching Penny, is having its premier early next month and Blockbuster Video Store, who's just picked it up as one of their few indie features this year, plans to shop the cast and main crew around to several locations and do signings and stuff. Thusly, I've been summoned out west and thought I might as well make a go of it.

In other yet related news, I've decided I'd like to have a finished first draft of my novel before I make the move, which is next Wednesday. As you can imagine, it's been a busy few weeks, particularly this most recent one - I don't think I've ever been this productive on anything in my entire life. Today, in fact, I churned out 4,400 some words in more or less one sitting. I'm a little exhausted, but if I crack 2,500 a day, I'll be done on the plane between here and LAX.

So, apologies to all 18.4 of you who are statistically reading this, but the next time you hear from me, I'll be in California. I'm, as Tom Waits would say, goin' out west.

Until then.
- T

No comments:

Post a Comment