Thursday, January 5, 2012

Cowboy vs. Samurai

Chapter: 3
Page Count: 31
Word Count: 18,602



"The shiny modernized logo spiking each of the hologram's corners brashly attributes the footage to the galaxy's least trusted name in news; GAC – Galactic Airwaves, Corp."

I finished Champloo last night. 

Comprehensively, as a whole, I do think it's better than Bebop. I think the best episodes of Bebop are probably better than the best episodes of Champloo, but I found I enjoyed the latter, on the average, more. Call me crazy, but that's the way I sees 'em.

I also watched another strange film, entitled Bunraku (named a form of Japanese puppet theater.) A weird psuedo-martial arts film with lots of fightings, lots of tropes and an interesting production design, it blends Western and Samurai pretty effectively and has apparently been panned by critics. It's certainly not the greatest movie I've ever seen, but it deserves more love than it's gotten. Check it out on Netflix, if you have a few hours. I overall enjoyed myself.

That's all I got today. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment