Monday, January 23, 2012

Data, Data, Data

There's something uniquely fascinating about seeing people's unoccupied hotel rooms*. I felt like Sherlock, attempting to dissect details to paint a mental picture of the tenant from candy wrappers and tennis shoes. So far, I discerned a gun enthusiast with a sweet tooth (magazines and wrappers), an Asian mother and her young child (a toy car and food labeled with Asian characters) and a cyclist (shorts and bike). While the pay is less and the hours are longer, I enjoy the exercise of absentee-people watching.

On top of which, whizzing through a high class hotel, hastily installing new televisions with programming from discreet black flash drives feels more like a heist than anything else I've ever done in my life.

*We're installing televisions in a Hilton Inn in Rancho Cucamonga. So, I'm not like, breaking into hotel rooms to snoop. This time.

No comments:

Post a Comment